Wednesday 27 May 2009

Gannets Galore







Just wanted to post a few more images of the magnificent gannets seen at Bempton Cliffs at the weekend. I concentrated on the gannets on this visit as they were giving good views as they patrolled the cliffs. Towards the end of my stint the wind had picked up and the gannets were approaching at eye level and above. I was therefore able to get better flight images  than earlier in the day when they were mostly well below me. It was a wonderful experience and one I hope to repeat soon as there were sections of the cliffs that I didn't have time to visit. All in all for a first visit I was pleased with the results but one can always do better !!!

5 comments:

  1. You were lucky to have the gannets at eye level.You managed to get some really great shots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shots Brian, had a go at these last year and it's not as easy as I thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks folks for your very kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think I made a previous comment on these Brian, even if I did I'm making it again in just one word....excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello all,

    Gannets are seabirds. They are large black and white birds with yellow heads. They have long pointed wings and long bills, hunt fish by diving from a height into the sea and pursuing their prey underwater. Thanks a lot!

    Birth Of a Manta Ray

    ReplyDelete