Wednesday 26 May 2010

Lek's Do It Again







Sorry about the terrible pun but I felt I had to publish a few more images from the fabulous black grouse lek which I was fortunate to witness earlier this month. I had traveled to the Northern Pennines in County Durham with Paul Foster at the invitation of Jonathan Latimer a local wildlife artist and illustrator . Jonathan's work can be viewed at www.jonathanlatimer.com
It was indeed a fantastic experience to view a lek at close quarters just as dawn was breaking on a very frosty morning. The grouse performed well for the camera and I was able to come away well satisfied with the images I had obtained. It had been well worth the long journey, sub zero temperatures, and four hours in a cramped hide to witness this memorable spectacle.  I have posted a few more images above and hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I did in taking them...... Thanks again chaps.

3 comments:

  1. Great shots! What an interesting looking bird (or is it fowl?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent set of behavioural images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brillian shots, lovely looking birds.

    ReplyDelete