Thursday 7 July 2011

Close Encounters








Just a few more from last week's visit to see a pair of local barn owls. They are a very special bird to see and photograph and Martin and I were very lucky to be in the right place at the right time.The images are very similar to my last posting but it is not often that all comes right on the day and you are lucky enough to obtain lots of images. Many of these were discarded but enough remained which I considered good enough to warrant a further posting.
So I hope my readers enjoy yet more barn owl images and I may return soon to try and improve on those shown above. For the technical amongst you the images were obtained using a 500mm .f4 lens coupled to a 1.4 X convertor giving me quite a reach and I was thus able to obtain some detailed close up shots of the owls.

10 comments:

  1. these are wonderful! wow! the converter must work wonders to get this close! might have to check into that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just brilliant Brian. Image 4 is an award winner for me. AWESOME..... I hope to post some of my images soon. Well worth getting up early for. WELL DONE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning images Brian of the Barn Owls,every one a winner for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recognise that bird! That's how good they are. Just returned from watching them this evening, sadly I wasn't in the right place at the right time but great to see and your photos are just F.A.B.
    g

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brian, fantastic shots again... what aperture you use on these images?

    Plus the 2 juvenile peregrines in Preston are showing really well around the Docks area. Great hour viewing in my works car park

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your kind comments...very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic photos Brian. I'm very jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In this page is difficult to say what's the best Barn Owl picture...
    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete