Saturday 21 July 2012

Kingfishers Return

This week I made a couple of visits to a local nature reserve.This reserve used to be a favourite location to see and photograph kingfishers.The birds were however affected by previous severe winter weather and the very heavy rain and floods this year have also been against survival of this beautiful bird.I was very pleased to hear therefore that they were being seen regularly at a nature reserve not far from home. On my first visit the weather was doing what it has done all summer and was pouring down.I did however have a brief view of a kingfisher as it sped past the hide.I returned the following day to find calm and warm conditions ideal fishing weather.The kingfishers were in evidence at two of the hides I visited and gave some super views. I was even able to capture a few flight shots,not brilliant, but the best I have managed so far.I have shown below a selection of my better images from the day and hope you enjoy them and thanks for looking in. Summer has finally returned so hope you enjoy the weekend.

9 comments:

  1. Still not seen a kingfisher for real yet! All wonderful photos but particularly like the first one - I paint birds and wildlife and it would make a great painting !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green with envy! Fabulous photos Brian. Impressive as always. See you soon.

    Best
    g

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Geoff has already said these are fabulous images Brian.I've yet to catch up with these wonderful photogenic birds,but when I do I would be over the moon if they were half as good as these.BRILLIANT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent....the in flight shots are brilliant.

    I wonder if GG's green with envy should have been blue with envy....sorry GG.

    Best Wishes Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brian, great shots, really like the flight shots, not easy to catch! Is this at Meresands, I got some nice shots a few years ago, but as you say they have been absent for a while, if it is its great news that they are back and will certainly be heading back there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Brian,excellent images again mate.Like the flight shots in particular.catch up with you soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous images Brian, especially the first one with the light green BG.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for your very kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cracking shots Brian, top quality.

    ReplyDelete