Monday 14 January 2013

Blogging Again

It's nice to be posting again after a very depressing and gloomy beginning to 2013. I was becoming frustrated not getting out with the camera.I decided one afternoon last week to visit a location not far from home where barn owls can be seen. The light was very poor but a barn owl did show for a while and I managed some images shown below.The head on shot was very pleasing when the barn owl came for a look at me and I fired off a salvo of shots,one of which was reasonably sharp and heads the post.Another outing was to look at some very different birds.A number of ring-necked parakeets have been present in the grounds of Lytham Crematorium for a number of years but I had never photographed them.A sunny day on Saturday was an ideal opportunity to catch up with these exotic residents and again the images are shown below.Finally a trip out yesterday,when more gloomy weather returned,resulted in the images showing some of the large numbers of pink footed geese present on the mosslands around Pilling. Nice to be back in business and hopefully I will be out and about again soon as brighter weather is promised for the rest of this week. Thanks for looking in and a Happy New Year to all my followers.

6 comments:

  1. Good to see you back in business Brian together with your beloved Barn Owls in some lovely images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto, great to see you back out and about Brian, great images of the Barn Owl too, looking forward to all you upcoming posts, and hopefully Sharon and I will catch up with you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again well worth the effort Brian,despite the gloomy weather.Looking forward to more of your blog in the coming months!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brian

    I've been looking forward to seeing these images and the close-up is a cracker!

    Here's to brighter weather this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant stuff Brian, what a great collection of pics and theclose-up as Christian says is a cracker for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you blogging again Brian and with results to show - that face on shot is a smasher! I don;t know how we keep missing you!

    ReplyDelete