Monday 22 April 2013

Three Of A Kind



I make no apologies for posting yet more images of barn owls.It is a wonderful bird to photograph and observe and I have been fortunate recently with some excellent sightings of a local barn owl.Last Saturday I was in position at the location before 7a.m.and the owls were already on the wing.It was a fabulous Spring morning with early frost and the bitter wind of late had subsided.There were three barn owls out hunting and one image above does show, just, all three together.The owls did appear to be enjoying the early morning warm sunshine and spent time perched up whilst surveying their territory.

I enjoyed myself with the camera and took many hundreds of images the better ones of which I have shown above.As I was about to leave I found one of the owls was perched on the post I had earlier provided.This obviously meant a delay as I fired off yet more shots.The owl was beautifully lit by the morning sun and I took advantage of this perfect situation with yet more images for the portfolio. I hope you enjoy the images and thanks for looking in.  

7 comments:

  1. Definitely no apology necessary here Brian. A brilliant set with three in one frame....can't be bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant pic Brian, great experience too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a morning you had Brian,more stunning images for us all to admire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only had 3 owls in the same frame and that was 3 youngsters squabbling for the same post. Nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful images in early morning light Brian,just love the ones on the posts well worth the effort of an early start.

    ReplyDelete
  6. More crackers for the collection, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love owls and these are wonderful photographs! Keep posting more. :) Your whole blog is great.

    ReplyDelete