Sunday 7 July 2013

Gigrin Farm..Red Kites.

At last I am getting back to normal following my trip to Wales.I have processed the many images I took and have selected a few more for publication.This post concentrates on the red kite feeding station at Gigrin Farm near Rhayader in central Wales.This is a location well known to bird photographers as it provides wonderful opportunities for images of these magnificent raptors. All the kites which visit daily at Gigrin Farm are native Welsh birds which are the product of many years of protection by dedicated ornithologists and conservationists.There is now a very healthy population of native red kites in central Wales and birds from up to fifty miles away visit Gigrin farm daily throughout the year for guaranteed supplies of meat










It really is paradise for bird photographers and there are so many birds present it is difficult knowing where to point the lens.There are a number of hides and for a modest fee of ten pounds I enjoyed an exciting afternoon's photography using three different lenses to capture the fast moving action.Gigrin Farm is one of a number of feeding stations in this part of Wales.If you are able to visit you will be guaranteed an exciting afternoon's viewing of these magnificent raptors.From Gigrin farm I moved on down to south west Wales to visit the island of Skomer to photograph the puffins and this will be the subject of my next posting. Thanks for looking in and enjoy the current wonderful weather which looks set to last for hopefully the rest of July.

2 comments:

  1. Superb, Brian!
    Great pics of a kite I enjoy so much at home!
    Here we have more of the Black kite after tractors!
    I love your Puffins, a bird I would love to photograph one day!
    Enjoy your sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I`m late commenting Brian,a wonderful spectacle of these photogenic birds well worth the trip to Wales.

    ReplyDelete