Tuesday 22 December 2015

More Of The Same

I am referring to the terrible weather we are still experiencing.It has been another very wet and windy week with the daily arrival of weather systems from the Atlantic.The land is saturated and there is constant run off into the fields and onto the roads and country lanes, which in many places are flooded and much care is needed when out and about.It has not been good either for photography with dark ,dismal and damp conditions for much of the time.

I was however determined to get out and a visit to Martin Mere was fruitful with more images of the whooper swans and the kingfisher, which I saw for the first time from the kingfisher hide.A smart male pochard was also on view from the very smart new Discovery Hide.A brief visit to a local barn owl location also gave me a couple of record shots of a hunting barn owl in the rapidly failing light.The images are shown below and hopefully tomorrow I can get out as the forecast sounds reasonable for a change.If I don't post again before Christmas I wish all my photographer friends and followers a very Happy Christmas and best wishes for 2016.











2 comments: