Saturday 13 August 2016

Blackpool Air Show

Last Sunday I went to see the Blackpool Air Show.This is a wonderful free event staged between Blackpool North and Central Piers. It attracts huge crowds and provides super views of different types of aircraft.The real draw however is the appearance of the RAF Red Arrows a world renowned display team of some of the RAF's best pilots flying their Hawk jets.

The weather had not been good but the skies cleared for the beginning of show and blue skies provided ideal viewing conditions although tempered by some very strong winds.I took many images throughout the afternoon enjoying the challenge of capturing the action.I have selected a few below showing mainly the Red Arrows in action but also shown is the Typhoon Eurofighter and the Breitling Wingwalkers.One or two general views are also included showing the huge crowds present along the seafront enjoying the spectacle.

My next posting will probably return to my normal fare of wildlife images as visits have been made to the coast at Southport and to RSPB Leighton Moss.Meantime hope you enjoy my efforts at trying to capture some of the flavour of the Blackpool Air Show.Thanks for looking in and I will be back soon with more from my travels.


















3 comments: